Is to be filled at the earliest possible date, with the goal of further academic qualification (usually a PhD). The term is three years with the possibility of extension.
If a PhD degree in computer science has already been awarded, the position can also be set up as a postdoc position with a fixed term of three or two years, with the goal of acquiring further academic qualification.
- Research: Research questions in the area of complexity theory and efficient algorithms are to be carried out, in particular in the area of design and analysis of randomized algorithms. The problems span the whole cycle from theoretical design and analysis to practical implementation, empirical evaluation and improvement in the sense of „algorithm engineering“. The position is meant to further the scientific qualifications of the research associate.
- Teaching: The research associate is to support the teaching in the complete spectrum offered by the research group (algorithms and data structures, cryptography, complexity theory). The duties include support with lectures, design of problems, conducting problem sessions, support with exams.
- Some organizational tasks will have to be carried out in a small fraction oft he time.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (M.Sc. or equivalent)
- Very good skills in theoretical computer science, in particular in the area of efficient algorithms and complexity theory, in design and analysis of randomized algorithms as well as the relevant mathematical methods
- Good programming skills in programming languages relevant for algorithm engineering, ability to guide students in practical and experimental work
- Ability to produce scientific papers for publication in international conferences and journals, a-bility to present research results in scientific talks
- Willingness to carry out scientific work with the goal of a PhD degree or further scientific quali-fication after the PhD
- Very good communication skills, commitment, enthusiasm, ability to work independently, ini-tiative, and teamwork skills
- Teaching in German must be possible
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.