Your areas of responsibility include the management and development of the IT infrastructure of the Department of Automation Engineering, including the server systems (Windows, Linux, and Mac), departmental websites, database systems, clustering and virtualisation solutions, storage systems (NAS), network infrastructure (WLAN, fixed network), computer rooms, workstation computers, and peripheral devices (such as scanners and printers), as well as the development, regular maintenance, and care of the laboratory equipment based on the latest standards in teaching and research.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- The design, administration, and development of the IT infrastructure
- The safety and availability of the infrastructure
- The installation and management of software systems
- User management
- Data management and backup
- User support for about 30 Windows, Linux, and MacOS workstations. This requires close co-operation with the university computer centre
- Development of ideas for the equipment and integration of computing technology for the laboratory equipment for teaching and research (e.g. for such courses and research areas as process analysis, knowledge-based systems, and fuzzy and neurocontrol)
- Independent commissioning, coupling and adaptation of hardware and software for the introduction of new devices and computational components for teaching and research
- Preparation of operating documents for the laboratory equipment and the computing technology as well as co-operation in the preparation of laboratory documents
- Assistance to those working with the departmental equipment and computing technology in the context of research and teaching, that is, supervising and running any laboratory courses
- A completed vocational training as an IT specialist for system integration, IT specialist for application development or a comparable qualification with several years of professional experience
- Good knowledge and experience in administration of Linux and Windows Server Systems, TCP/IP networks and virtualization solutions (Proxmox, VMWare, VirtualBox)
- Good knowledge in the development and realization of safety and availability concepts
- Willingness to learn and a focus on an autonomous, solution-driven, and service-oriented way of working
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programming languages, such as C++, JAVA, and HTML
- Good knowledge of Office 2019, Dropbox, MATLAB, and other similar software
- Good written and spoken English and German skills
Please provide evidence of the qualifications required for the job by certificates and references
What we offer you:
From individual advancement with a wide range of continuing education opportunities to a variety of health and recreational offerings, you can expect an appreciative working environment at a renowned university at TU-Ilmenau. In addition to an attractive, familyfriendly working hours model, you will also benefit from advantages such as the use of the dining halls of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen, as well as participation in the various attractive sports offerings of the University Sports Center.
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.