We are looking for a colleague who is involved in the generation and rendering of avatars. Your task will be to generate avatars for an augmented reality (AR) application from a few individual photos. Further you will specifically improve facial expressions and gestures of these avatars and evaluate your results. The work takes place in the MULTIPARTIES project funded by the BMBF.
The aim of MULTIPARTIES is to create a collaborative AR environment that enables distributed users to meet virtually at their real location. A high level of co-presence is to be promoted through realistic communication, interaction, and representation of the participants.
- Plan and carry out research in the project under the direction of the Principal Investigator, demonstrating a high degree of independence and personal responsibility
- The research activities will include at least the following tasks:
- Conducting a literature review on the state of the art
- Implementation and evaluation of reference algorithms (deep learning pipelines) for avatar generation
- Specific improvement of the generated avatars through extension and enhancement of the pipeline
- Supporting the design and development of user studies to test the results
- Organization of own work as well as exchange and integration of developments with consortium partners
- Produce high quality publications of national/international standing and present research findings at relevant conferences
- Regular reporting on the progress of the research project in the context of team and project meetings
The position is initially limited to the actuell end of the project (30 months from project start). A further employment is possible with appropriate suitability.
We offer interested applicants the opportunity for further academic qualification (doctorate/Ph.D.).
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Ability to present work results independently
- High level of communication and teamwork skills
- Solid programming skills with Python and C#
- Basic knowledge of Unity
- Experience in Deep Learning with pytorch and/or tensorflow
- Basic knowledge of using augmented reality head-mounted displays (e.g., Microsoft HoloLens2)
- Experience with the generation of avatars for AR/VR using Deep Learning
- Experience with the implementation of real-time augmented reality applications
- Sound knowledge in the field of augmented reality
- Basic knowledge of different
architectures of neural networks
- very good, completed academic degree (M.Sc./Diploma) in computer science, media informatics, computational visualistics, visual computing, or a comparable subject
Please provide evidence of the qualifications required for the job by certificates and references. Your application must contain at least the following documents
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Master's certificate (or provisional certificate)
- Transcript of Records (overview of studies incl. grades)
What we offer you:
From individual advancement with a wide range of continuing education opportunities to a variety of health and recreational offerings, you can expect an appreciative working environment at a renowned university at TU-Ilmenau. In addition to an attractive, familyfriendly working hours model, you will also benefit from advantages such as the use of the dining halls of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen, as well as participation in the various attractive sports offerings of the University Sports Center.
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.