The topics of the research activity include system-technical questions from the areas of:
- Topologies of power distribution networks
- Voltage stability and load distribution
- Plant and personnel protection
- Network and converter topologies
In a interdisciplinary team (the ThEFI unites 13 disciplines from 4 faculties) novel methods in the mentioned topic area shall be developed and scientifically investigated. ThEFI offers the necessary laboratory infrastructure in its Technological Center.
Your job tasks include:
- Modeling (behavioral and loss modeling) and simulation of power converters in electrical DC networks
- Design of power converters
- Design and implementation of control and regulation methods for power converters
- Commissioning of test rigs and experimental investigations
- Publication of project results and reports of the project
For being part of the selection process is needed:
- Very good degree in electrical engineering with specialization in electrical power engineering, automation technology (degree: Dipl.-Ing. (Univ.) or M.Sc. with a strong emphasis on research) Alternatively, very good degree in engineering, natural sciences, economics or computer science (master's or university diploma).
- experience in modeling and calculation of power electronic systems
- Knowledge of the operation of electrical power systems
- Programming skills, ideally C as well as a hardware description language
- profound knowledge in the use of Matlab and Simulink
- basic knowledge of using version management software
- basic knowledge in the use of a markup language such as LaTeX
Following competences are desirable:
- Commitment, enthusiasm, independent working style, initiative and ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills in German and/ or English
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
Please provide evidence of the qualifications required for the job by certificates and references.
What we offer you:
- Attractive remuneration according to collective agreement (as per TV-L) incl. granting of a special annual payment
- Vacation entitlement of 30 days in the calendar year and additional days off on 24 / 31 December.
- Flexible working time model and overtime compensation
- VBL - pension scheme in the public sector
From individual advancement with a wide range of continuing education opportunities to a variety of health and recreational offerings, you can expect an appreciative working environment at a renowned university at TU Ilmenau. In addition to an attractive, familyfriendly working hours model, you will also benefit from advantages such as the use of the dining halls of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen, as well as participation in the various attractive sports offerings of the University Sports Center.
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.