- Research in the area of smart identification and soft sensor development with the goal of the developing a framework for smart identification-based control for process, where the sampling time is irregular. The focus will be on developing methods that can be implemented in chemical or related industries
- Leading and supervising seminars and laboratories for the courses in the Department of Automation Engineering
- Supervision of research, bachelor’s, and master’s theses
- Providing scientific support for the mission of the university
The applicant should have:
- An excellent master’s, preferably with a specialisation in control engineering. Knowledge of chemical processes would be an asset
- An excellent understanding of system identification, including parameter estimation, process modelling, and design of experiments
- gute Programmierkenntnisse und Bereitschaft zum Lernen von MATLAB
- Excellent English and German skills
- A motivation to work in a collaborative environment
The project requires a committed, independent person. The option to complete a doctoral degree is provided and strongly encouraged.
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.