The overall infrastructure of the I3TC includes the new VR/AR laboratories in the new building of the university computer center as well as numerous other laboratories on the campus of the TU Ilmenau. The I3TC thus enables top-class research and teaching for students and doctoral candidates in the field of media informatics, media technology, media psychology and other engineering-related sciences. It thus offers comprehensive opportunities for cooperation with research and industrial partners outside the TU Ilmenau.
At the center, 16 Departments from four faculties of the TU Ilmenau are currently working together with the University Computer Center (UniRZ) and the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT.
- Professional organizational support of the Center Directorate of the I3TC and the Institute Directorate of the I4MT
- Participation in the development of the scientific research concepts of the center/institute
- Co-design and coordination of the further development of the technical equipment of the center in close coordination with the members
- Coordination of the procurement and commissioning of new technical equipment components and laboratories assigned to the center in cooperation with the center administration (commercial area) and university’s computation center (“UniRZ”)
- Participation in the development and coordination of study courses related to key areas of the institute/center and the adaptation and initiation of concrete course offerings in TU Ilmenau’s teaching curriculum
For being part of the selection process is needed:
- Degree in engineering, natural sciences, economics or computer science (Master's or Diploma)
Following competences are desirable:
- A completed doctorate is an advantage
- Strong coordination and management skills
- Experience in the field of scientific organisation
- Relevant experience in the focus areas of I3TC (interactive immersive technologies, VR/AR/MR)
- High motivation, the ability to work in a team and an independent way of working are required
- Strong communication skills as well as cooperation and organizational skills
- Willingness to expand knowledge independently is expected
- Very good knowledge of German and English
Please provide evidence of the qualifications required for the job by certificates and references. Your application must contain at least the following documents
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificate of Master's/Diploma and, if applicable, doctorate
- References if applicable
What we offer you:
From individual advancement with a wide range of continuing education opportunities to a variety of health and recreational offerings, you can expect an appreciative working environment at a renowned university at TU Ilmenau. In addition to an attractive, familyfriendly working hours model, you will also benefit from advantages such as the use of the dining halls of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen, as well as participation in the various attractive sports offerings of the University Sports Center.
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.