The topics of the research activity include system-technical questions from the areas of:
- Market and grid-serving use cases for energy distribution grids in direct current technology.
- Methods for predictive deployment optimization of distributed energy conversion systems
- Self-organization and islanding as possible building blocks for resilience
- Optimization under uncertainties as a basis for robust fault-tolerant operation management
- dynamic cross-sector flexibilities available for a limited period of time
In a interdisciplinary team (the ThEFI unites 13 disciplines from 4 faculties) novel methods in the mentioned topic area shall be developed and scientifically investigated. ThEFI offers the necessary laboratory infrastructure in its Technological Center.
Your job tasks include:
- Development and modeling of representative energy supply systems as a basis for the simulative investigations
- Design and investigation of operation and control concepts for the self-organizing, optimal use of decentralized energy conversion systems
- Modeling of cross-sectoral flexibilities
- Modeling of multi-criteria problems with competing objectives
- Modeling of occurring uncertainties like e.g. forecast errors as a basis for robust fault-tolerant operation management
- Design and implementation of operation and control procedures for representative energy supply systems
- Commissioning of the operation management and control solutions for the experimental investigation
- Publication of project results and reports of the project.
For being part of the selection process is needed:
- Very good degree in electrical engineering with specialization in electrical power engineering, automation technology (degree: Dipl.-Ing. (Univ.) or M.Sc. with a strong emphasis on research) Alternatively, very good degree in engineering, natural sciences, economics or computer science (Master or university Diploma).
- experience in modeling electrical and cross-sectoral power systems
- Knowledge of the operation of electrical power systems
- Programming skills, ideally Python as well as a hardware description language
- profound knowledge of Python
- basic knowledge of using version control software
- basic knowledge of using a markup language such as LaTeX
Following competences are desirable:
- Commitment, enthusiasm, independent working style, initiative and ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills in German and English
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
Please provide evidence of the qualifications required for the job by certificates and references.
What we offer you:
- Attractive remuneration according to collective agreement (as per TV-L) incl. granting of a special annual payment
- Vacation entitlement of 30 days in the calendar year and additional days off on 24 / 31 December.
- Flexible working time model and overtime compensation
- VBL - pension scheme in the public sector
From individual advancement with a wide range of continuing education opportunities to a variety of health and recreational offerings, you can expect an appreciative working environment at a renowned university at TU Ilmenau. In addition to an attractive, familyfriendly working hours model, you will also benefit from advantages such as the use of the dining halls of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen, as well as participation in the various attractive sports offerings of the University Sports Center.
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.