Is to be filled as soon as possible. The position is initially limited until 31.03.2025. If desired, the position also offers the possibility of further scientific qualification (e.g. habilitation) and also collaboration in subsequent projects.
We welcome applications from scientists with research experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Computational Materials Science, especially for electronic devices and systems and with experience in one or more of the following fields:
- ab initio calculations,
- phase field modeling,
- oultiscale simulations and modeling
- Application of Computational Materials Science methods to:
- Electronic systems, e.g. memristive materials or neuromorphic electronics
- Functional materials and nanomaterials
- Experience in digital materials science, research data management, data based machine learning
- Setup and leading of a research group for Computational Materials Science and Digitalization of Materials
- Collaboration in the project MemWerk (www.memwerk.de ) towards memristive materials
- Simulations of memristive materials and systems
- Cooperation with experimental groups and correlation to experimental results
- Digitalization of materials, development of ontologies and digital procedures, cooperation with the project members from informatics and data bases
- Analysis and presentation of results and their exploitation and dissemination, e.g. in publications, presentations, reports, international conferences
- Instructing of all project collaborators in the field of Digitalization of Materials and Computational Materials Science
- a completed scientific university degree (master, diploma (Univ.) or equivalent) and a qualified doctorate in materials science, materials engineering, electrical engineering/information technology, electronics, physics, chemistry, or similar fields
- Extensive knowledge in materials science and materials engineering, especially in electronics or the production and application of materials, or materials characterization
- Ideally already experience with memristive materials
- Motivation and qualification for scientific work
- Independent and responsible way of working
- Communication and team skills
- very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written (knowledge of German is an advantage but not absolutely necessary)sehr gute Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift (Deutschkenntnisse sind von Vorteil aber nicht unbedingt erforderlich).
You can expect an exciting and interdisciplinary scientific environment with excellent technological equipment and an international and cooperative team with an inspiring working atmosphere (www.memwerk.de , www.macronano.de and www.tu-ilmenau.de/wet ).
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.