The position is initially limited to 3 years. The desire for own scientific further qualification (doctorate) is expected from suitable candidates in addition to the cooperation in the third-party funded project "VERNEDCT" (Resource Efficient Energy Distribution Network through DC Technology) funded by the Carl Zeiss Foundation
Your job tasks include for position 1:
- Design of a multi-stage network operation procedure for DC distribution networks
Your job tasks include for position 2:
- Design of a network protection system for DC distribution networks.
Furthermore, both positions include the following areas of responsibility:
- Collaboration on further aspects of DC distribution networks, e.g. scalable network topology, voltage maintenance, requirements for converters, switchgear and controlgear, path for practical implementation
- Evaluation and presentation of results and their scientific exploitation, e.g. in publications, lectures, reports, international conferences.
For being part of the selection process is needed:
- very good degree in electrical engineering with a specialization in electrical energy and automation technology (M.Sc. with a strong research focus)
- alternatively - Degree in engineering, natural sciences, economics or computer science (master's or university diploma) with a specialization in electrical energy systems.
Following competences are desirable:
- Commitment, enthusiasm, independent working style, initiative and ability to work in a team.
- Interest in and participation in publications of project results at national and international conferences and in journals.
- motivation and ability to work scientifically in an interdisciplinary team
- independent and responsible way of working
- ability to communicate and work in a team
- very good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken.
Please provide evidence of the qualifications required for the job by certificates and references.
What we offer you:
- Attractive remuneration according to collective agreement (as per TV-L) incl. granting of a special annual payment
- Vacation entitlement of 30 days in the calendar year and additional days off on 24 / 31 December.
- Flexible working time model and overtime compensation
- VBL - pension scheme in the public sector
From individual advancement with a wide range of continuing education opportunities to a variety of health and recreational offerings, you can expect an appreciative working environment at a renowned university at TU Ilmenau. In addition to an attractive, familyfriendly working hours model, you will also benefit from advantages such as the use of the dining halls of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen, as well as participation in the various attractive sports offerings of the University Sports Center.
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.