The successful candidate is responsible for the technical and administrative support of research and education in the field of communications engineering. The scope of duties includes in particular:
- development, project planning, setup, and commissioning of test and demonstration systems for education and research
- laboratory responsibility for the research laboratories of the research group, e.g., the optics laboratory
- further development and maintenance of existing electronic laboratory equipment
- procurement, maintenance, and further development of hardware and software typical for the research group
- development, adaptation, maintenance, and servicing of software and the IT infrastructure
- design, maintenance, and updating of the Intranet and conceptual design of the web pages
- development, set-up, and supervision of laboratory experiments, implementation of laboratory experiments
- supervision and guidance of students and interns in practical technical work
- support in the multimedia design of academic courses
- administrative support in the initiation, implementation, and accounting of research projects
- technical support in creating presentations and posters
- technical support in the processing of projects
- responsible for the rooms, inventory, electro-technical work, and occupational health and safety
- technical support in the organization of events, workshops, and conferences
- A completed education for entry into the career of the senior technical service or to the corresponding qualification level (for example, in the field of electrical engineering, engineering informatics, computer science or a related subject) will enable you to master the upcoming tasks with confidence.
- You already have prior knowledge in the research fields of communications engineering and signal processing, an aptitude for pedagogy, a willingness to work in an interdisciplinary manner, and a desire for further qualification.
- You have an independent way of working, commitment, an open and confident manner, strong cooperation and communication skills, the ability to work in a team, structural thinking and excellent organizational skills.
- You have a very good command of German and English, both written and spoken.
Please provide evidence of the qualifications required for the job by certificates and references.
What we offer you:
We offer a responsible and challenging position in an interesting academic field of work, individual career-oriented training and further education, as well as an international working environment characterized by a high level of motivation. From individual advancement with a wide range of continuing education opportunities to a variety of health and recreational offerings, you can expect an appreciative working environment at a renowned university at TU-Ilmenau. In addition to an attractive, familyfriendly working hours model, you will also benefit from advantages such as the use of the dining halls of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen, as well as participation in the various attractive sports offerings of the University Sports Center.
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.