The position is part of the research project VERNEDCT ("Resource Efficient Energy Distribution Grid for Germany") funded by the Carl Zeiss Foundation.
The topics of the research activity include system-technical questions from the areas of:
- DC-switching and protection device technologies
- DC-distribution networks
- personnel and plant protection using DC-networks
In a interdisciplinary team (the ThEFI unites 13 disciplines from 4 faculties) novel methods in the mentioned topic area shall be developed and scientifically investigated. ThEFI offers the necessary laboratory infrastructure in its Technological Center.
Your job tasks include:
- Potential analysis of current switchgear technologies for future DC-distribution networks
- Modelling, simulation and verification of selected switching principles
- Design, construction and experimental investigations of different model switchgear arrangements for DC-distribution networks
- Evaluation and presentation of the results and their scientific exploitation in reports, publications, lectures and international conferences
For being part of the selection process is needed:
- Dipl.-Ing. (Univ.) or M. Sc. Degree in electrical engineering with specialization in electrical power engineering and/or automation, Previous research knowledge is a bonus. Alternatively, a very good master or university diploma degree in similar engineering fields, natural sciences, economics or computer science will be accepted
- Excellent knowledge of arc and contact physics
- Experience in modeling and simulation of electromechanical systems with arcing
- Knowledge regarding the operation of switching and protection devices
- Profound knowledge in COMSOL, ANSYS, Matlab/Simulink
Following competences are desirable:
- Commitment, enthusiasm, independent working style, initiative and ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills in German and English
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
Please provide evidence of the qualifications required for the job by certificates and references.
What we offer you:
- Attractive remuneration according to collective agreement (as per TV-L) incl. granting of a special annual payment
- Vacation entitlement of 30 days in the calendar year and additional days off on 24 / 31 December.
- Flexible working time model and overtime compensation
- VBL - pension scheme in the public sector
From individual advancement with a wide range of continuing education opportunities to a variety of health and recreational offerings, you can expect an appreciative working environment at a renowned university at TU Ilmenau. In addition to an attractive, familyfriendly working hours model, you will also benefit from advantages such as the use of the dining halls of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen, as well as participation in the various attractive sports offerings of the University Sports Center.
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.