The fixed-term employment takes place in order to promote the candidate’s scientific qualification. The remuneration is based on the provisions of the collective agreement TV-L. The position is placed in the Salary Group E 13. If the qualification goals are reached by the end of the agreed time, this position can be transferred to a permanent (tenured) employment contract.
- Growth of scientific skills by the development of new research areas and research-related teaching or habilitation (a postdoctoral degree in Germany)
- Research in the areas of discrete event systems, smart homes and factories, big data, and advanced control methods (the candidate need not have previously done research in all of the above research areas, but must express a willingness to consider them in his research)
- Teaching courses and laboratories (development of new courses in the relevant research areas would be expected)
- Supervision of research, bachelor’s, and master’s theses
- Application for grants in appropriate research areas
- Providing scientific support for the mission of the university
- An excellent doctorate, preferably with a specialisation in the relevant research areas
- An excellent understanding of (at least 2 of): discrete event systems, smart homes or factories, system identification, process modelling, and advanced control methods
- Good programming skills and very good knowledge of MATLAB and Microsoft Office
- Excellent English and German skills. Some knowledge of the Chinese language would be an asset
- The motivation to work in a collaborative environment
The university stands in the fields of technology, mathematics and natural sciences, business and media for teaching and research at the highest level. She attaches particular importance to innovative teaching and interdisciplinarity. She identifies with Humboldt's ideals and pursues the vision of a cosmopolitan campus family.
Technische Universität Ilmenau is holder of the „TOTAL E-Quality“ distinction and emphasizes gender equality.
Severely disabled applicants with essentially identical professional suitability will be preferentially selected.
Technische Universität Ilmenau offers flexible working time models.